Monday, December 8, 2014

Saving Time in Gmail Part II: Taking Canned Responses up a NOTCH!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jnarvey/4819220202/in/photolist-8SDENq-rtE2V-3sg2si-xkjQg-84nstx-aBM7cQ-dAPegg-4981WT-5EE8h6-7GxNkk-7Az84Q-75rLY-avq3L4-8kRLgu-8fs4tQ-pwKWqE-axnKy3-55McrW-55McqL-65iKhd

Here's yet another way to save time in Gmail, particularly if you're getting the same types of e-mails over and over.

I showed you how to do canned responses.  Did you know that, using filters, you can make sure those canned responses go out automatically to people who fit a certain criteria?   You will not even have to click a button.

This solution is a bit more complex than making a canned response, so I'm going to let the Google Gooru handle it.  Here's a great video giving step by step directions on how to make this happen:



I made one that you can check out.  Simply e-mail me at CWildmanZoer (at) gmail (dot) com. Put Canned Response in the subject line.

As long as you follow those directions, you'll get an e-mail back from me with some information.  It was quick to put together, and will be responding to e-mail for me 24 hours a day as long as it meets the criteria!  Try it- and if you have questions I have not answered, feel free to ask them in your e-mail.  I'll get back to you. :)

I hope you found this helpful, and I look forward to hearing about how you use it.

No comments: