Thursday, November 3, 2011

Add a little Spice

I'm facilitating a workshop about The Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education...perhaps you've heard of it? One of the instructors in there (shout out to Katrina Palan) mentioned Spicy Nodes. With a name like that, how do you not go check it out?

Once in there, I was hooked! It's a free site that lets you create cool visuals to help demonstrate a point, especially if the point doesn't really have a beginning or end, but many facets to one idea. Check mine out and see what you think! It looks best if you make it full screen and play with the zoom/focus a little.



And for the record - you missed out on a good time with this workshop! Ask your course manager about getting in on the next one!

2 comments:

lwapelhorst said...

Great post, Beth, and thanks for the tip, Katrina. I can't wait to try it!

dejavaboom said...

I've used Spicy Nodes in my Lit classes. It's a great tool, indeed.