Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I get a weekly email from Rapid E-Learning.  You might consider subscribing.  It is always filled with great tips for online presenations.   I thought I would share these great links with you this week

Free Online Image Editors for Rapid E-Learning


Aviary
Aviary has a few image editing tools and offers a pretty complete solution for most of what you need to do. They also have a very active user community which is a plus and lots of tutorials.


  • Aviary Feather is a basic image editing tool. You can crop, adjust the image, add some text, and apply filters.
  • Aviary Phoenix is a more robust application and close to something like Photoshop with the layering and more complex editing capabilities.
  • Aviary Raven is a vector editor similar to the free Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.
Pixlr
Pixlr has all of the standard features you’d need. I like some of the pencil drawing effects and it can output to Flickr and Picasa. I find it really easy to use and one of my favorites of the online tools. They also offer Pixlr Express, a streamlined editing tool.

Splashup
Splashup is an image editing tool and photo manager. I like that I can bring in images from sites like Flickr and Picasa, which I already use. It has all of the core features you’d expect in an image editing application. They also offer Splashup Light for download.


Sumo Paint
Sumo Paint is a very capable tool and comes with all of the core editing features. They also offer a Pro upgrade that gives you a desktop version with additional features.


Simpler Tools
The following tools are honorable mentions. They do a decent job with simple edits but don’t have all of the features of the applications above.

  • Photoshop.com offers simple image editing, but not the layering that you get with its desktop cousins.  
  • Dr.Pic seems to have all of the basic features. I like the framing feature. My guess is the Polaroid frame would work well with some elearning screens.
As you can see, there are plenty of options for free graphics editing. And you have a good choice between desktop applications like I mentioned in the previous post, or go with an online solution.
Download your free 46-page ebook: The Insider's Guide to Becoming a Rapid E-Learning Pro

No comments: