Thursday, December 15, 2011

Job Search

(This was originally posted by Tara Canfield on 12/12 in Butler Online's Advent Calendar)

The Ghost of Christmas Present visited me last night! I told him to "GET LOST--I have had enough of you and your wacky friends!" He wouldn't leave though, and he just kept yelling (drama queen!) something about how I need to get my "head right" and start spreading the word about present day job search tools.

I agree with him though. The job market IS harder to navigate these days, so what are people doing to highlight their skills and stand out from the rest of the crowd. One way is to create a visual resume. A great example of this is Heidi Lilly's visual resume on Slideshare. If you conduct an interviewing module in your class, as I do, then this would make a great project for your students!

No comments: