Thursday, June 23, 2011

Google Cloud Connect

Are you a Google Docs user? If so, a new app for use with Microsoft Office was recently introduced and I think you will like it!

I am a Google Docs user, and I have my students use Google Docs for collaborative assignments, so this app is especially exciting for me. Google Cloud Connect allows Google Docs users to work on their docs in Microsoft Office, and sync the changes with Google Docs. This means that I can work on a collaborative PowerPoint presentation offline, sync it with Google Docs, and allow my team members to see my changes and make their own recommendations.

Since this app was just released, I have not had much time to discover its limitations. I can say however, that I briefly tested it and it worked GREAT, and I am going to definitely recommend it to my students.

1 comment:

Catherine Zoerb said...

Great tip! :)